Tuesday, September 16, 2008

# 72....Check

# 72. Can at least 10 jars of tomatoes.

Photobucket

I love tomatoes! This weekend my Mom and I not only canned 10 jars, but 20 jars of tomatoes. Last Thursday I went to the Farmers Market in Raleigh and bought 75 lbs. of tomatoes. Saturday Mom and I dove in and ended up with 20 quarts full of those delicious red things! Yummy!

Photobucket

I'm always borrowing canned tomatoes during the winter from my Mom and Grandmothers so I can make spaghetti and veggie soup, so this year I was determined to can my own to have.

Photobucket

Not only did I mark one thing off of my 101 things to do list, I also got to spend some QT with my Mom!!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats! I've only canned jelly and apple butter. I do tomatoes the easy way--a freezer bag! :)

    ♥Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the inspiration Megan! I started my 101 in 1001 days today! So you can add another person to your list that's doing it!

    ReplyDelete