Wednesday, March 16, 2011

101 things in 1001 days: Take 2

I decided to do a 101 list again; having done it once I had a few new ideas for this time around. Last time I only completed 33 tasks on my list. Even though I didn’t complete all 101, I don’t know I would have completed some of those if it hadn’t been on my list to begin with. I feel that sharing them helped me to accountable and motivated. Only 33 tasks doesn’t really scream motivation does it? Well I’m hoping that this time around I’ll have even more motivation!

Goal setting is used by many in all fields. Setting goals gives you long-term vision and short-term motivation. It focuses your acquisition of knowledge, and helps you to organize your time and your resources so that you can make the very most of your life. By setting sharp, clearly defined goals, you can measure and take pride in the achievement of those goals, and you'll see forward progress in what might previously have seemed a long pointless grind. You will also raise your self-confidence, as you recognize your own ability and competence in achieving the goals that you've set.

I learned through the past 1001 days that I change and life changes over the course of 1001 days. Ways that I wouldn’t have known when I first started. While 1001 days gives you plenty of time to check off goals especially those that are seasonal in nature, I’m also going to use that time to add other things to my list which is why you’ll notice that it isn’t completed just yet. Over the course of the last 1001 days, I'd find myself saying I’d like to do that or I need to put that on my next 101 list, but now I couldn’t tell you what those things are. Now I have space to add those things to this particular list as they come to mind. I've also given myself a date to revise my list if needed. During the last 1001 days I would have never thought I’d have a baby, but now I couldn’t imagine my life any other way! That's just one example of when it would have been the perfect opportunity to revise my list.

Most of the tasks on the previous list that weren’t completed were the first on this list minus a few. And the only reason those didn’t make the cut is because they don’t have relevance to me anymore because of the changes in myself and the life that I live now. So, without any more rambling, I introduce to you, my NEW 101 list...

START DATE: Wednesday, March 16, 2011
REVISION DATE: Saturday, July 28, 2012 (approx. half way through)
END DATE: Wednesday, December 11, 2013


1. Take a road trip (must be over 3 hours from home) and document the journey in photographs.
2. 2nd shoot a wedding.
3. Buy a new lens for my camera.
4. Sit front row at a Kenny Chesney concert (a girl can dream right?)
5. Enter photos into a print competition
6. Go to my 10-year high school reunion
7. Visit Hilton Head again
8. Attend at least 2 photography workshops
9. Photograph a birth story
10. Build a snowman
11. Go to the Biltmore
12. Apply and go back to school
13. Go to a Garth Brooks concert
14. Go one week without drinking soda
15. Vote in the ’12 Presidental election
16. Read 3 books to learn more about photography / business.
17. Read 20 books (non-business related)
      *House Rules - Jodi Picoult (finished April 2011)
      *The Help - Kathryn Stockett (finished July 27, 2011)
      *The Best of Me - Nicholas Sparks (finished November 1, 2011)
      *The Hunger Games: Book One (finished March 26, 2012)
      *The Hunger Games: Book Two- Catching Fire (finished March 30, 2012)
      ***The Hunger Games: Book Three- Mockingjay (currently reading)
      *Book One: Fifty Shades of Grey  (finished June 10, 2012)
      *Book Two: Fifty Shades Darker (finished June 13, 2012)
      *Book Three: Fifty Shades Freed (finished June 15, 2012)
      *The Sweet Series: Book One: Sweet Surrender (finished June 26, 2012)
      ***The Sweet Series: Book Two:  Sweet Persuasion (currently reading)
18. Travel outside of the United States
19. Visit a US state that I’ve never been to
20. Organize my home-office
21. Go snow skiing
22. See a musical at the DPAC
23. Go on a carriage ride (central park preferably, but any will do)
24. Go on a picnic
25. Take photos of my parents
26. Take photos of each set of grandparents
27. Go to the Zoo
28. Donate Blood
29. Create a cookbook with all of my great-grandmother’s recipes
30. Have my photo taken in a photobooth that does the skinny strips
31. Do better about blogging each of my tasks as they are completed.
32. Watch the movie “Born into Brothels”
33. Go ice skating
34. Have one/some my images in a published in a magazine
35. Read the bible completely
36. Spa day! (Ahhh!)
37. Learn to play bunco and start a bunco group to meet/play monthly.
38. Learn to play bridge.
39. Sit down with my Nonnie and get her to teach me to knit.
40. See Jack Johnson in concert
41. Have a yard sale
42. Dress in costume for Halloween
43. Find at least 5 new outdoor locations for photo shoots
44. Document ‘a week in my life’ with photos
45. Upgrade/redesign my blog
46. Upgrade/redesign my website
47. Can at least 20 jars of tomatoes
48. Put up corn (on and off the cob)
49. Visit / Photograph all the lighthouses in NC
50. Join a book club
51. Play with sidewalk chalk
52. Go kayaking
53. Visit Nashville, TN
54. Have a girls night/weekend
55. Go white-water rafting
56. Watch The Lost Colony
57. Get engaged!
58. Go bowling
59. Spend a whole day at the beach
60. Add a bio page to my website.
61. Updated headshots of me.
62. Develop a new system to organize client information (address, emails, etc.)
63. Develop and begin send a gift to wedding clients once they book with Megan Lane Photography
64. Encourage 3 friends to make their own 101 list.
65. Pick grapes in Gum Neck
66. Visit Beech Mountain’s Land of Oz.
67. Teach Children's Church one Sunday
68. Go to the 2011 Jones Reunion
69. Enroll Grace in a ballet class
70. Vacation in Hatteras for a week
71. Have family portraits made in Gum Neck
72. Pay off my car!
73. Teach at my church's VBS
74. Design and have bridge tally's printed for my Mom
75. Go to San Diego
76. Second Shoot with Marc Montocchio
77. Go to NC Museum of Art
78. Take Grace to Marbles Museum
79. Visit Shannon and family in FL
80. Go to Vegas
81. Get a sewing machine
82.
83.
84.
85.
86.
87.
88.
89.
90.
91.
92.
93.
94.
95.
96.
97.
98.
99.
100.
101.

1 comment:

  1. Megan,
    I really like number 64 -- I think I may be one of your 3 friends to do the 101 list too. I was thinking about it, but I didn't want to seem like a copy cat. Now I have a reason to do it :)I think it is a great idea and its so awesome that even though you didn't complete the first one, you didn't give up or get frustrated. I think I'll start working on my own this weekend! Thanks for the inspiration! Love ya! Stephanie

    ReplyDelete