Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Take it or Leave it Tuesday

Photobucket

*Lies/Rumors* Things these days can get so twisted from just one person to the next. I saw a quote today that really spoke the truth about rumors/lies and I just had to share it: "A lie can get half way around the world before the truth can even get out the door." I guess this goes for the news too. So many bad things are recognized before the good. Its just about depressing to watch the news.

*Weather* - We've been having some crazy weather lately, 70-80 degrees one day and then 50 the next. Can we just skip to spring already? :) Last Friday and todays wind will about blow you away, I guess the saying is true to far because March sure did come in like a lion! Let's see if it will go out like a lamb?!?

*Time* - Speaking of March, where has time gone? Seriously. I feel like I was just ringing in the new year a week ago. March not only means another month has begun but it also means that I'm that much closer until my daughter turns two, which I'm not too hype about. She's growing too fast.

Photobucket

*Army Wives* The new season of this TV show starts next Monday, March 6th. I dont think I've ever watched an episode that didn't touch me and left me with either sad tears or happy tears or that I wasn't on the edge of my seat. I highly recommend taking a look at this TV show. I attached a preview of Season 5 below for you to check out...



*Temple Grandin* - I had a lazy Saturday this past weekend and watched the Netflix I had on hand. I saw that Claire Danes had won some awards for her acting in this movie so I wanted to see what the hype was all about myself and I'm so glad I did. This is one of the BEST movies I've seen in a long time. I dont know if I felt a connection to this movie because of the autistic children I've had in my classroom or just because of the story itself, but its nothing short of amazing. I'd highly recommened it to anyone.



*Something Borrowed* - The MOVIE! You may remember in this post where I could check off my #23 on my 101 things to do in 1001 days (which I have to update by the way because my time is up!) but I raved about Emily Giffin's four books. The first of her's, Something Borrowed, is now a movie and comes out in May! I can't wait, think I might treat myself to a theatre showing of this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment