Thursday, June 5, 2008

Gator

Over the Memorial Day weekend I took a trip to Nags Head for the day. On my way east, here's what I saw...

Photobucket


Yes, it's real! I've always heard people talk about seeing an alligator in this particular canal around East Lake, but I've never had the chance until this trip. I was so excited! We pulled of the side of the road and backed up atleast 3/4 of a mile. There were a few other people stopped and we almost caused a pile-up of cars. If you add this 2 lane stretch of Highway 64 + traffic to the OBX on Memorial Day weekend + onlookers trying to figure out what in the world is going on, you might have an idea of what I mean! The alligator was very close to the other side of the canal (thank goodness) but it didn't make for such a close up photo. Oh well, atleast I can say I've seen the gator now! :)

1 comment:

  1. OOOOOO--my boys got really excited w/ this pic--we always look for Allie when we drive down there, but always w/ no luck!

    You're so talented, Megster--I get more and more impressed w/ every project you do!

    ♥Susan

    ReplyDelete