Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Beginning Today...

I know we all receive forwarded emails. Some days we have time to stop and read and some we don't. But today this one caught my eye....

Beginning Today
by Unknown

Beginning today I will no longer worry about yesterday. It is in the past and will never change. Only I can change by choosing to do so.

Beginning today I will no longer worry about tomorrow. Tomorrow will always be there, waiting for me to make the most of it. But I cannot make the most of tomorrow without first making the most of today.

Beginning today I will look in the mirror and I will see a person who is worthy of my respect and admiration. This capable person looking back at me is someone I enjoy spending time with and someone I would like to get to know better.

Beginning today I will cherish each moment of my life. I value his gift given to me in this world and I will unselfishly share this gift with others.

Beginning today I will take a moment to step off the beaten path and revel in the mysteries that I encounter. I will face challenges with courage and determination. I will overcome what barriers there may be which hinder my quest for growth and self-improvement.

Beginning today I will take life one day at a time, one step at a time. Discouragement will not be allowed to cloud my positive self-image, my desire to succeed or my capacity to love.

Beginning today I walk with renewed faith inhuman kindness. Regardless of what has gone before, I believe there is hope for a brighter future.

Beginning today I will open my mind and my heart. I will welcome new experiences. I will meet new people. I will not expect perfection from myself nor anyone else. Everyone is allowed to make mistakes and I will applaud the attempt in making amends with the past.

Beginning today I am responsible for my own happiness and I will do things that make me happy like listening to my favorite music, taking a warm shower, laughing with friends. Pleasure can be found in the most simple of gestures.
Beginning today I will learn something new. I will try something different. I will change what I can and the rest I will let go. I will strive to be the best me I can possibly be.

Beginning today and everyday.


I really liked the message it shares, so I wanted to share it with you! Since I can't (we'll don't like) to post without an image... here's one from this past weekend. Thank goodness for the rain. We certainly needed it! But even more how can you not like rain when you see this afterwards!


Photobucket
“The soul would have no rainbow had the eyes no tears.”
-John Vance Cheney

Hugs,
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment